/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Quiz logic

Your IQ Is 140

Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average

Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius

Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius

Your General Knowledge is Genius

When I got the above result, I giggled-- and figured to show it to my family, next time they thought Mom was clueless. However, the contrast in evaluations made no sense to me. Quite honestly, I was irked. After all, I am (or was, once upon a time) an engineer by training; logic is what we do.

The quiz did not reveal the "right" answers at the end, so I messed around with it some, trying to figure it out. I found that every time I changed one of my answers, the overall score-- and rating in some other category-- dropped. Therefore, it would logically seem that the answers I had originally submitted were correct. However, the logic evaluation never changed: regardless of what answers I put in, it could not be improved.

So (at the risk of ruining my new, verbal genius image), I thought... what's that about??

And then it occurred to me: of course that is the evaluation-- and rightly so. Because it is inherently illogical to waste all this time on silly online IQ quizzes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

I took this too, and mine was remarkably similar to yours. I think it's totally bogus.

June 13, 2006 5:22 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took it. I am dullwitted it seems.

Well, no. I am exceptional in the last two, Genious in languages and below average in Logic. This is about right.

June 14, 2006 8:14 AM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Score: 115
Logical Intelligence: Below Average
Verbal Intelligence: Exceptional
Mathematical Intelligence: Genius
General Knowledge: Above Average

Seems to me that you have a better shot at the purple shirt, seeing as how you're smarter than I am. But then, I've been saying that all along.

June 14, 2006 9:28 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Dawgdays: Bogus, indeed.

Tripp: I can think of a lot of ways to describe you, bro, but "dullwitted" is nowhere on the list.

Ref: I am just smart enough to a) know that I belong nowhere near a purple shirt-- and b) hang around others whom it would suit well indeed, Very Reverend Sir. ;-)

June 15, 2006 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home