/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Authority in the Anglican Communion

I just finished the second of the class requirements for the above class. We meet twice a week. In the first class session one student presents a chunk of the current reading for each week, and leads a discussion; and in the second class session, another student (or two) lead a response to that week's presentation. Last week I did my presentation, as it happens, and today I was the responder to Jeff's presentation from Monday. So my big jobs are done, and I can sit back and enjoy the theologizing from here on out. Very nice.

Both times, things went reasonably well-- at least, no one ran screaming from the room. And the discussion was good. We've been chatting about Arius and the Council of Nicea, with Rowan Williams' text as our reference. There are some good thinkers in our group, and a lot of fodder for contemplation in the material.

However, our professor has a tradition of beginning each class with music; some song (usually Bruce Cockburn, in Trevor's case) that seems to apply to the topic at hand. With his absence today, and since I was the responder, I was instructed to bring something in. So I did... and neither my classmates nor our intrepid substitute were especially enamored of my choice, and did not hesitate to say so. I think I'm glad I won't be doing that again, anytime soon. At least, not with any music I care about.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home