/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, May 23, 2003

Busy Day!


People are actually going to be able to come for our cookout next weekend-- family, friends and neighbors, and even a Seabury contingent willing to venture over the state line. I'm just tickled at the idea of connecting the two sides of my life for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Of course, the adventures that day will begin several hours earlier; Ben (my rector) has asked me to preach that morning. I'm excited, but nervous, too-- I've not stood in the pulpit but two or three times, and the last was almost a year ago. Praying God puts words in my mouth between now and then!

Now, I don't know whether this qualifies as another inducement, or will send folks running for the border; but if you'd like to come down early, our main service is at 10:15. We are, in Episcopal terms, a pretty broad parish. Contemporary music and sanctus bells-- something to irritate everyone!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home