/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random catchin' up

  • School started last week. My "baby" is now in high school, a fact that continues to amaze me. More amazing still-- he actually seems to be enjoying his classes (something that was in rare supply last year). Don't know how long that will last, but I'll take it for the time being.
  • I went to the parents' open house a couple days ago, and liked what I saw. I continue to be profoundly grateful that we moved out here, away from the GINORMOUS school district we left behind. That continues to be one of my parental regrets with our eldest. I would never put another child through such a system.
  • The new sports complex at the high school is not complete, but it's close enough that the football team was able to play there last night. We walked over to the game, and I will admit to being impressed. The facility, when complete, will be first class: football field (complete with very fancy scoreboard), a gorgeous track, lots of bleacher space, good concession stand and bathroom facilities... and usable by community residents (for walking/jogging, etc.) in between events as well.
  • Now if only the local voters would approve funding for the fire department (in truly desperate need of new facilities) with the same alacrity.
  • Our eldest, after being laid off several months ago in the economic downturn, has a new job. This is not the career she hopes for, simply gainful employment; still, a step in the right direction.
  • Churches continue to be churches, with joys and struggles, faults and virtues.
  • I had a weeks' vacation-- "staycation," actually-- where we worked on the house, got some financials in order, and played a bit. The Art Museum in Billings is a nice place, and the new movie theatre's seats are very comfy.
  • One week was not enough.
  • Spending some time thinking through my life and ministry here. What works, what could improve... what's possible, what's probable... digging at logs, to better address the motes.
  • None of this is bedazzling, I know; but life often is not.
  • I've missed my blog. I've missed you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I've missed you, too. In regards to the eldest and the job, as you might imagine, I know all about that. I learned a new term: "platform job", which is something to stand on while you are figuring out the rest. Praise Jesus, my eldest has one now, too.

August 29, 2009 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home