/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

SOLD!

Well, we did it.


After nearly eleven years in this house, it is no longer ours. We spent an hour and a half this afternoon signing papers, and watching the new owners sign even more papers. The check (or what's left after all parties get pieces of the pie) goes in the bank tomorrow, destined to be applied to the new house when it's done.

We don't leave for a few weeks yet, and we are still busy pitching, packing and sorting. So it doesn't feel quite real. Maybe it won't hit me until the house is empty, and all our stuff is on the truck.

But it's done. We are no longer Hoosier Homeowners.

I guess this means we have to move, now.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... No longer hoosier... But... The blog... New title? I sense a naming contest!

:-)

May 31, 2006 4:16 PM  

Blogger jo(e) said...

It's always a little bittersweet, isn't it? But also exciting to move ahead to what's next ...

May 31, 2006 5:30 PM  

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Ooh, I love Hoosier At Heart for a new title! Thats really great.

May 31, 2006 6:22 PM  

Blogger Ryan said...

Go with God.

I also think, "Your Mom in Montana" has possibilities for a blog title (mom = Mother Schmoetzer...)

-R

May 31, 2006 11:34 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah.

And is packing not the best thing since...I dunno...high colonics?

I love packing.

Congratulations, Jane. Huzzah!!!

So, will you rename the blog?

June 01, 2006 5:18 AM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Oh yeah, we loooove packing. I keep telling myself it will be a good thing... in retrospect.

As to renaming the blog, I have been thinking about that. Thanks for the suggestions; the header may well reflect the move, in a month or so.

June 01, 2006 6:02 AM  

Blogger Jules said...

Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier.

I've lived in WI and CA my whole adult life, but I'll be Hoosier till I die.

June 01, 2006 8:56 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Ooh, I LOVE name games. I even have a bunch of ideas, but I'm sure you'll come up with something good.

You know, I'm going to miss "Hoosier Musings".

June 01, 2006 9:08 AM  

Blogger Emily said...

Yay for sold houses. I'll read your blog whatever its name is!

June 01, 2006 5:42 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Hey .... I'm in Illinois now. 1500 miles door to door.

Good to know the house finally sold, and that I will have a new neighbor.

Being Shielded asked what Montana people call themselves. We call ourselves Montanans. We're practical that way.

Mrs. Ref says we call ourselves "friendly."

New title thoughts: I like Ryan's idea of Mom in Montana. Going with the M theme, Musings from Montana has possibilities.

See you soon.

June 01, 2006 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home