/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, May 18, 2009

Festival of Homies!

It's been a busy few weeks On top of the regular round of sermons, bulletins and pastoral this and that we've had a regional board meeting, diocesan clergy conference, an unexpected funeral, and a congregational rummage sale. Sorry about the recent radio silence-- but corporeal life takes precedence.

And now... I'm off again! I'm currently sitting in the Denver airport, sopping up their free wifi. Headed in a couple hours to the Festival of Homiletics. In addition to the big names (Desmond Tutu, Barbara Brown Taylor, Fred Craddock, Anna Carter Florence, and did I mention Desmond Tutu?), I get to be in the presence of some really great folks--Rev. Ref+, Cheesehead in Paradise, St. Casserole, and more! I don't know which is more thrilling, and the combination is almost more than I can stand.

Look out, Atlanta-- here we come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gracious Father.. at this time we pray for Atlanta,
Desmund Tutu, and all those who will soon be overwhelmed by the above mentioned gang.

By the way... very jealous - not nearly as jealous as you will be after I get to spend two weeks at Nashotah this summer, but jealous just the same.

Q: who did the funeral?

May 18, 2009 9:13 AM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Jealous? In July, complete with Wisconsin humidity and mosquitos the size of small aircraft?? With all due respect, my beloved brother in Christ... I think not.

And I did the funeral. Rae was a dear, and I'm going to miss her.

May 18, 2009 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home