/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, January 23, 2006

Postponed gratification

Thanks to all of you who posted helpful suggestions and resources for feeding my knitting efforts. If I had my way, I'd be at the store when they open this morning, shopping list in hand, looking for books and new toys. . . mmmmm.

However, this is the week before the parish annual meeting. On Sunday, in addition to my normal turn in our preaching rotation, I will be explaining why we need a capital improvement commitment for some pretty extensive building repairs. I have pictures and information to assemble and a (hopefully coherent) presentation to put together.

This upcoming Saturday is also our daughter's winter formal, the dress for which is still in the "some assembly required" stage. A lovely kelly green crepe-back satin, lining, patterns (we are combining features of a couple different dresses) and notions are all still lying in wait on my sewing table.

So I will be busy this week. But never fear-- obsession interest does not fade that easily. I have paid rabid careful attention to your enabling thoughtful recommendations. Bright and early next week, I will be beginning (I hope) to put them to use. If I survive both the dress and the building fund, I'll probably need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home