/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, September 26, 2003

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...


I was not entirely idle while my electronic baby was in the shop. A brief rundown of the last few days:

Orientation Week at Seabury continued apace. I finished the liturgical calendar, and got that distributed. Also set up the cantor rota for the next few weeks, and spent some time pitching the joys of participating in same to incoming students. They do not appear to be a hard lot to persuade, thanks be to God. Already there are a few eager singers, and I have hopes for more.

I'm also learning the ins and outs of putting together the weekly ordo for chapel services. My goal for this work: to have Ruth and Bob's corrections lists eventually be shorter than the ordo itself.

On the home front, we trotted Kyle over to the Dr. for x-rays on his ankle, wrenched during soccer practice. Thankfully, it turned out not to be broken; but it took a couple days for the radiologist to determine that, so the boy was on crutches-- and not happy about it-- in the meantime. It's hard to be the inconspicuous introvert when you have big shiny sticks under your arms everywhere you go.

This morning I'm taking Carolyn to another doctor, in the ongoing effort to shake persistent headaches. Hope this one can be of more help than the last.

And I have my weight in alterations sitting on my sewing table, awaiting my attention. Got to get down there, today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home