/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Where are we again?

I'm blogging from the Denver Airport! More precisely, I am writing a post at the Denver airport to be posted later. They do have wifi available here, but I am too cheap to pay the “nominal charge” when I can wait a few hours and use the wifi already included in the price of our hotel room.

The boy and I are midway on our journey from Chicago out to Big Sky Country. Our purpose: to find a house. We really are moving, you know!

The only adventure of the trip so far has been the joy of being "Randomly Selected By The Airline" for special attention before boarding. We were shuttled off to a side hallway to have our computers opened, our shoes and carry on bags searched and all our belongings swabbed down with treated pads for analysis. They also summoned a woman inspector to frisk me-- an experience that was tolerable as, quite frankly, she was not especially thorough. They didn't search the boy at all-- a fact that both pleased me and gave me cause for puzzlement. I mean, I'm glad not to have him poked at; but f I were inclined to conceal contraband, might I not just as easily have given it to the kid to carry?

Fortunately, we did not trigger any further alarms and were permitted to go on our merry way. We were later to the gate than I like as a result-- walked directly onto the plane, at that point-- but this was still 20 minutes before takeoff, so no harm done.

Later: we've arrived at the hotel with no more adventures, and we're leaving in a few minutes for our first appointment with the Big Town Realtor (the Realty Yenta is tomorrow morning).

More later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can't wait for the realty yenta story.

April 25, 2006 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home