/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Good news... bad news... good news...

First, the good news: three papers, four quizzes and a take home essay test, all complete. I'm done for the quarter! Finished my last paper this morning, and emailed it off to the professor. And because I'll be doing Field Ed, I won't have classes again until March.

That brings me to the bad news: The paper was due Thursday, but I had to ask for an extension-- the second one I've needed since I've been in seminary-- because my computer crashed while I was finishing up on Wednesday. The hard drive was in good shape, but the file got corrupted somehow, and was not salvageable; so I had to redo the paper (an essay on the vestment controversies of the Reformation).

Then, good news again: My prof was very gracious about the extension, and AKMA (bless his generous heart) not only helped me back up my hard drive, but gave me the loan of his TiBook for a few days, so I could finish up. And while I was typing furiously Wednesday night, another student called with a similar offer of an old iBook. Golly, I'm surrounded by wonderful people.

Now all I have to do is work on the rest of my list:
Tomorrow's sermon
CPE residency application
CDO Profile
GOE prep
Grant application for Reconciler
sewing-- some liturgical, some contract work
Cristmas decorating and baking-- yay!!

Oh, and breathing. Breathing would be good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

I'm [glad | sorry] to hear that you're [done | swamped].

And I do think you need to take that breath, at least enough so you can spell Christmas right. :)

Pax,

December 12, 2004 6:34 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Shhhhhhhh

December 13, 2004 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home